• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fighting two parking fines with VCS from September 2019.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting two parking fines with VCS from September 2019.

In September of last year, I took my son to an 11+ tutor twice in one week. She lives on an estate with high rise purpose built flats with a car park for each. She told me to park there and neither of us were aware of it being permit parking only. There were only 2 signs to her car park, one was situated at a height that when a car parks in front of it, no other driver can see it. The other sign was installed on the actual building over 2.6m high up! The building was also clad in scaffolding! I believe that they have purposely installed these signs so drivers miss them. If they had painted the words onto the car park ground, or had the sign in front of you when you drive in, or another sign as you left the car park on foot, drivers would actually notice them.

I also asked why I didn't receive a ticket on my car and they advised that DVLA removed 'soft ticketing'. Soft ticketing is where they issue a notice to advise that you may have been caught parking illegally. This is not what I was referring to. DVLA have nothing to do with private parking matters and they have advised me this twice now.

The IAS rejected my appeal but apparently they are part of the same group, so completely biased. I wrote to VCS on 14th April 2020 and did not receive a reply. I have just received two Letters Before Claim from ELMs Legal, saying I have until 12th December to make a payment of £320 before they start court proceedings. The letters are dated ten days ago!

Can someone help me please? I fully dispute the fines and have taken pictures as evidence.

Thanks

Sue
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X