• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Payout from estate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payout from estate

After losing both parents within two months of each other Dec 19 and Feb 2020 with the help of the appointed solicitors my sister and I who were both POA’S and then the Executors of the estate have emptied and sold the house . The solicitor has had probate granted in August. There are only the monies made from the the sale of the house plus around £22000 in cash that form the estate. No stock , shares or anything else to complicate matters . So in all around £545.000 in cash . All bills owing are paid, the estate agents and conveyancing solicitor and now our solicitor has taken his money for his bill.
    My sister and I have supplied all the relevant bank details and addresses etc for the solicitor to make payments to the beneficiaries. We have both signed the estate off and received the breakdown of the funds to be paid out and been told by one partner at the solicitors that payments would be paid electronically over the next 24hrs to all the adult beneficiaries and over 18 yrs old grandchildren .
    the great grandchildren’s inheritance is to be held in trust till they reach 18.
    we thought it was all done and dusted but are still waiting for our inheritance. It’s been nearly 2 weeks now and communication with the solicitors seems to have dwindled emails unanswered and phone calls not being taken . Has anyone else been been through this and do you know how much longer it will take .? Is this normal practice.? Help !
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X