• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finance voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance voluntary termination

So, here goes...

i voluntary terminated my vehicle. I had a phonecall with the finance company and put it in writing also (as a back up). On the phone they stated that as long as there wasn’t any major damage and the car was road worthy I wouldn’t have to pay anything as I have never missed any payments etc. They collected the vehicle 2 weeks ago - the man who picked it up obviously inspected it very throughly first and took photos etc. There was one surface scratch and some minor scratches to the alloys however he even said himself for the age of the car it was immaculate. Now I’m receiving a letter from the finance company demanding £238.00 for damages. Where do I stand on this matter? First time I’ve ever done anything like this and they told me if it had an extra costs I needed to pay then they’d refused to take the vehicle however this didn’t happen and now I’m stuck with £238.00?! There wasn’t anything else on the vehicle and all the things I’ve read say that the minor “damages” are fair wear and tear! Please help me!
    Also My dad is telling me not to pay and to tell them I’m taking them to court if they carry on sending me letters harassing me for money.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X