• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Form for an unpaid Private Parking Ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim Form for an unpaid Private Parking Ticket

Hi

I'm new here and joined in the hope someone can guide me through legal proceedings against me for an unpaid private parking ticket.

I recently received a Court Claim Form (issued 9th Nov) for an unpaid Parking Charge Notice (PCN) from February this year. I used the carpark in question when I visited Costa Coffee in a retail park and stayed for 2 hours 40 mins. The purpose of my visit was to grab a working lunch and meet 2 colleagues back to back. I have used this carpark previously and to my knowledge at the time, it has always been free for users of the retail outlet. However, I've now learnt this is no longer the case and it is only free for the first 2 hours, by which time you have to leave with 'no return'.

I didn't get a parking ticket at the time on my car, but a few days later one came in the post from Britannia Parking. I responded using their dispute form saying I wasn't going to pay and that I reject their PCN going onto explain I was using the retail facilities for which a free carpark was provided. I didn't keep a copy of my response and nor do I remember explicitly what I wrote only that I was quite vague. All subsequent demands from them and their legal representatives were ignored, some of which was kept but not all.

I have today responded to the Claim Form by completing the AOS online and I'm not sure what my next best course of action should be.

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Brian
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X