• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car dealer problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car dealer problems

It's a long story but I'll try and keep it as short as possible

Car purchased 8th Feb 2020 (just over 100 miles from home)
    On the drive home noticed burning oil smell, contacted dealer who advised book into local garage for inspection, I did this and garage said there were several things wrong, contacted warranty company who advised that the work could be done cheaper at the original garage and refused to allow us to get it fixed nearer to home.
    We took the car back on 15th June (lockdown put us on hold for a while!) they gave us courtesy car, 3 weeks later car was returned.
    Upon inspection we could not see where any work had been done and in fact it looked in worse condition that when it went. Turbo hose was apparently replaced, when in fact it was hanging off!
    Constant phone calls, emails and WhatsApp messages and no reply!
    After weeks of trying I finally got hold of them, They asked us to get quotes locally, we did, 3 of them. They again would not allow us to use any garage locally to us so reluctantly agreed to collect the car on a truck (Thursday 29th October, yes that's how long we've been waiting!)
    I emailed today for an update, was told the they took it to two different garages and they could not believe the long list of faults from our 3 quotes!
    I asked what was not believable with these quotes and asked for detailed list of work that has been done and what has not been carried out and why, I have to wait until they have the report which could take 48 hours, that's fair enough.
    The next bit, they want me to go and collect the car! over 100 miles away, they did not give me a courtesy car as it was picked up on a truck, I am not in the financial position to be able to bus, train, taxi it all that way and by my reckoning if it was collected from my home address surely it sound be returned to my home address?

Where do I stand? do I have to arrange collection at my own cost?
    Also when we get the car back, we will be getting it inspected locally, if the work has not been carried out AGAIN! how do I go about taking them to court to get my money back

Throughout this whole debacle I have been fobbed off, ignored, lied to and just generally given the run around so I'm not expecting a great outcome!

Any advice gratefully received

This is the very short version, i have pages and pages of emails etc which i will use if (when) it goes to court but didn't want to bore you all with it
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X