• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help, POC claim for removal of profits at my forex exchange broker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, POC claim for removal of profits at my forex exchange broker

hi all
    just a quick question. brief summary. i had an account at a forex broker, where i traded a currency vs another. i held it the trade (position) for about a week and then sold the trade (closed the position).
    i had a profit of around 10k. then the broker confiscated(stole) all the profit citing they made an error with the interest they should have charged me for holding this large trade/position. they claimed it was a manifest error, and furthermore claimed that they had been charged this interest by the banks where they copy my trade in the markets.
    i looked into what they were saying and found that the correct amount of interest according to the markets should have been around 5k. in their terms and conditions it states that any amount of interest or fees would be clearly stated. but now they are claiming manifest error.
    i would like to take them to court for the 5k overcharging as they have not provided me their calculations for 10k as in any event the calculations would be wrong as the correct amount was 5k
    my question is in the section of the particular of claim where i put the breaches that the defendant has breached what would i put there.

after googling and reading the forums and looking for someone who had some sort of similar case. i came across the following. but i am not sure if they would apply to me. so please if you have any insight please do help me

thank you

what i have found online, i don't know if this is relevant or not
    The interest charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law.
    Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contract) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para. 8 and sch. 2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15

breach of statutory duty
    breach of contract
    tort of negligence
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X