• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty iPhone on O2 contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty iPhone on O2 contract

Hi,

I'm after some advice on where to go next, last Monday my iphone 11 Pro which I have on an O2 contract with a monthly device plan stopped working, I had been using throughout the day and when I picked it up again it had the screen displayed in the attached image. It was purchased from O2 on 25th September 2019 and they delivered the handset to me on October 2nd 2019.

I contacted Apple who advised I needed to visit a store to see if they can help (this was booked for Saturday the 17th October), on Tuesday the 13th I contacted O2 to alert them of the problem and register it with them.

Fast forward to my Apple appointment and they advise that the phone is not repairable (when you try to restore through itunes it says it cannot connect to the device and gives error (9)) it's this error that the chap at Apple claims means its a component failure on the device and I needed to speak with O2 and make a consumer law claim. I spoke to O2 on the Saturday and they promised a callback on Sunday which never happened. I have a print out from Apple stating it is not repairable and that the device has no damage.

Today I contact O2 to discuss this with them and they say basically the phone can be repaired however it is out of warranty and will be chargeable, the girl I spoke to in repairs said it says on T&C's for my contract ( a copy of which is here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditi...bile-agreement) says that consumer goods does not apply, my contract says 12 months and that's that its a chargeable repair.

And so here I am, asking for advice on what to do next.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X