• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excess Mileage Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess Mileage Charge

Hello

I have tried to sieve through a lot of threads to get my head around the excess mileage costs, but none seem to be the exact scenario to mine. I had a 2016 Audi finance deal with 8K mileage per year, however, I changed jobs part way through and 4 years on and I am considerably over.. approx 13,000 over. I have been charged in total £745 (incl VAT) for the excess mileage. I handed the car back on 23.09.2020 under VT, my car was due up beginning of November 2020. I have had the car since 28.09.2016. I have taken another car with Audi, on the same Audi finance deal on 17.09.2020. My best choice was to re start over as the mileage was so excessive, it decreased the value of my car so I was in negative equity.

Am I 100% liable to pay this? To be fair, I was expecting to pay it, however, if there is a way I don't have to then I would like to argue it. Just under the circumstances that I was not charged for any thing else wear and tear wise, there were not even any scuffs to vehicle or alloys, dents, marks etc. Despite the mileage being over, the car was definitely not in negative equity. It had done 44000 over 4 years.

Any help would be appreciated. I have just over a week to pay this.

Many thanks
    Chelsea
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X