• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydensfairfax chasing on behalf of Max Recovery Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydensfairfax chasing on behalf of Max Recovery Limited

I have been contacted by Drydensfairfax stating they are working on behalf of Max Recovery Limited who are chasing for settlement of a GE Capital debt of £1096.09 after a failed IVA. This debt is over 5yrs old.

I contacted Harrington Brooks 8yrs ago to set up a debt management plan and made regular payments. Some creditors did not freeze the interest so i was put on an IVA (or so i thought). Due to a relationship breakdown and being on low income Harrington Brooks said i did not have enough disposable income to pay into the IVA. The IVA was detailed on my clearscore account up until a few months ago and has now disappeared which i find strange if i have not had an IVA?

I contacted Harrington Brooks this morning and they have said that i do not have an IVA as it was only in the enquiry stages and according to all the notes on my file it refers to a DMP?

The last payment to be made to my creditors was on the 04.12.2015, therefore from what i can gather the debt is not statue barred? However i dont feel that i owe Max Recovery Limited anything as i have not signed a contract with them initially as it was with GE Capital (not sure which credit card this was - maybe Santander?)...

Where do i go from here in terms of responding to them? I am currently on unpaid maternity leave and do not have any money to pay the debt at the moment.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X