• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Housing association parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing association parking

Hi, I have lived in my housing association house for 3 years *, I am extremely lucky that on our stretch of the road there is myself and my immediate neighbour, we both have a driveway my neighbour has a garage and mine doesn’t so that does make mine a fairly long driveway! in the next road is a house whose garden backs onto my driveway (there is no back gate from his garden onto my driveway) ... the person that lives in that house has announced that we have to share the driveway (he’s not had a car up until this point) there is nothing in my tenancy that says I have to share the drive and I was not told I would have to share the drive when offered the house ! When I spoke to the housing one of the people on the phone agreed that if it’s not in my tenancy then it doesn’t apply but the local housing officer said it is only fair that he shares the drive as he doesn’t have a parking space on his property. Now I know at this point I probably sound like I’m throwing my toys out of the pram but my issue is that i am a single mum who works extremely hard to make sure I don’t have to claim any benefits and for the first time i have bought myself a car which is on finance, it’s my pride and joy and this neighbour has bought himself a bit of a battered van ... no judgement on that ! But the drive is only just 4.8 metres wide with a house wall on one side and a fence on the other which makes it ridiculous trying to get in and out of the car and the neighbour has absolutely no respect for my car! So I now have to park on the street ... surely this should have been on my tenancy??*
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X