• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rentcharge on property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rentcharge on property

Hi All

I am hoping to get a bit of advice regarding a rentcharge on my property.

I bought the property at auction as it looked like a good investment. Once I bought it I found out it has a rentcharge attached to it and the owner of the rentcharge is not known, I had to continue with the sale as it was an auction property. My solicitor was very good and advised to get insurance to cover costs in the event the rentcharge owner sent a letter demanding payment.

However I feel very nervous owning this property, as I rent it out and don't live there, so may miss the letter demanding the rentcharge. I would like to try and find out who owns the rentcharge but not sure how to go about doing this. It was bought in slightly suspicious circumstances. The estate agent that sold the house for the vendor actually sold it to the vendor 1.5 years ago, before the vendor then put it up for sale again after only owning it for that short time. The estate agent actually owned the whole street briefly before reselling all the properties on the street. I found out the estate agent actually has a branch of the company that owns rentcharges. When I asked them if they know who owns the rentcharge they just told me my solicitor should know. I am not sure wether they bought the rentcharge a while ago and the plan was to sell the properties to then claim the rentcharge later.

Is there anyway to find out who owns the rentcharge? I would like to buy it off them if so. Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X