• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HOIST - ROBINSON WAY - BARCLAYS FINANCE - 2 Month Car Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOIST - ROBINSON WAY - BARCLAYS FINANCE - 2 Month Car Finance

I have checked my credit file on ClearScore this morning to see a debt of over £5000 in the "loans" section from a company called Hoist

A bit of digging later I found out this was a company called Robinson Way, who I used to receive letters from years ago

When I was 17 I foolishly let my mother take out a car on finance (Barclays) in my name, she had it for 2 months and then returned it (August 2014 - October 2014)

I had no idea of the implications of this until I started getting letters from Robinson Way, which she started intercepting, saying she would deal with it

Fast forward to today and I have found out they sent "me" loads of letters, for around 4 years, some of which my mother has replied to in my name stating the car had been returned, and she set up a payment plan of £5 a month in May 2017 and cancelled this in July 2017

So when I rang Robinson Way to dispute this debt today and claim I had no knowledge their response was "why would you pay a debt you had no knowledge of" so I said it must be someone using my name

They are now going to dispute this with Barclays (so they say, I don't trust them), I still to this day cannot even drive.

Am I liable for £5000+ worth of debt for a car I took out for my mum at age 17 that was returned after 2 months?

How can I get this removed from my credit file?

Any and all advice welcomed.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X