• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Greetings - Clean Break Order (financial order mid divorce)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings - Clean Break Order (financial order mid divorce)

Hello all, thank you for clicking on my post,*

Very new to the forum, looking for a pat on the hand and maybe some recommendations.*

I am in between my Decree Nici and my Decree Absolute after using the .Gov online site to apply and progress my divorce, I have managed this all by myself, I cant recommend using the site highly enough, it has saved me a lot of money and wasn't difficult at all.*

However I am now stuck, to protect my NHS pension and the*1 in 45,057,474 chance I win the lottery I need to have a Clean break - financial agreement drafted and submitted to the court along with a*application for a financial order and statement of information form.*

I cannot use a draft copy from the internet and enter in the details for the clean break order, it MUST be done via a solicitor.*

I find it barmy that I could get myself divorced but in case I win the lottery I need to have a solicitor do the work for me, my ex partner and I are in agreement regarding finances, he sticks with his, I stick with mine, we have no assets or children to deal with.*

The list of solicitors available is very long however I am in a rock and a hard place regarding costs, I am an NHS worker so money is very tight but do not qualify for financial aid.*

This is why I need the pat on the hand, I feel hopeless that ill need to save for a year to get the money together with many solicitors quoting more than the cost of the divorce but it means I cannot apply for my Decree Absolute until I have saved and paid for the documents and that means the nightmare continues and I was so happy with myself navigating the legal system this far.*

I guess i'm asking, if its true and I really cant fill in the forms myself and draft a letter? does anyone recommend a Solicitor, I spend hours on websites looking for quotes and then the review sites, ( I know to steer well clear of the online sites like quickiedivorce etc)* one chap is within my price range but has no reviews other than one mention on here which wasn't a good one so i'm very concerned I could be taken for a fool and I cant afford to just lose money.*

I apologies for the long welcome post.*

I hope everyone is safe and well, wash your paws and stay healthy!*

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X