• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contempt of Court - civil case - is there any recourse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contempt of Court - civil case - is there any recourse?

The solicitors acting for the police is a breach of the data protection act submitted false costs at a pre trial hearing for anonymity where they applied for a late application to dismiss the claim. Luckily the judge did not hear that application and said that cost were in the case. They ask for costs not ht day to be awarded but again the judge said that the costs were in the case. Upon review of those costs I found that they were incorrect and raised this with the solutions who have accepted that they were wrong and have written the court to withdraw that cost schedule. This could have gone the other way and I could have been faced with paying those costs on the day - is there any recourse that I have and am I able to make any applications tot he court. The hearing for dismissal is in September. this is not the first error, they have made a part 36 offer which bears not relation to the case law (the breach is admitted) and they did not provide any rationale within the prescribed time or at all. Also *they have not disclosed all the information and it is only as a result of an additional DSAR which provided me with material evidence - the solicitors are adamant they complied with disclosure. *The application to dismiss is based on late submission the evidence and in brach of the directions. *Tis is due to the delay with the DSAR - some 6 months out of time and non disclosure. Any help on any of the above points would be helpful. The defendants is the Met Police and where they breach sensitive personal data under the old DPA, it has already been upheld by the IPCC and the matter has been ongoing for almost 10 years.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X