• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Say yes or reluctantly leave my job :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say yes or reluctantly leave my job :(

Employment dispute stalemate
    Today, 07:44:AM
    I work for a care provider in their business support centre as an L&D professional. I have been told I am to be redeployed to a care home to work as a coach/mentor and to deliver 1:1 training for an unspecified time during the corona virus outbreak.

I have asked to work from home but have been repeatedly told no. Iam in no position to be able to support my employer by working in a residential/ nursing home setting for older people. I have made no apologies for putting the safety of my family at the forefront of my decision.

I am required to frequently visit and support my parents who, at 88 and 83 are reliant on me. I am also attempting to calm and reassure my extremely anxious expectant daughter about her safety.

I feel that there will be a increased risk of harm coming to them and to the residents at the home if I am expected to go back and forth between the two homes.

I have explained in numerous emails to my bosses that I would happily support any other department within the business support centre or work from home but I am not prepared to risk my family or the residents who live in our homes by going to work there on a daily basis.

I have attempted to explain my worries to my managers but I have been told that if I refuse to work in the home I will have to take any time away from the office as unpaid leave.

I have been interrogated by my manager around the amount of time I spend with my daughter and questioned about her living arrangements. I have been told that “we’d all love to be able to work from home”. I found this line of questioning particularly distasteful.

This is an unfair decision and goes against all of the government guidance on working from home.

My job in L&D involves lots of planning and development and sourcing and coordinating training - this can be done efficiently remotely, but I’ve been told that I need to stop doing it and go into the home.

I have suggested that I reduce my hours which I’m told will be considered as long as I agree to go into the care home and use this as my base. If circumstances were different I wouldn’t hesitate to support in the care home but at this time my priority must be the safety of my daughter, my unborn grandson and my parents.

I am very concerned by this and would like to ask for your views and would welcome any advice and guidance you may be able tooffer. I do not want to lose my job. I have worked for this Trust for 4+ years and can’t understand why they are being so harsh towards me when others from my team are working from home.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X