• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holiday refund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday refund

Whilst I appreciate that you are inundated with enquires I wondered if you could give me some guidance.

We were due to travel to Thailand yesterday March 17th. I contacted my insurers, Just Travel , several times on the evening regarding this on Monday 16th. Even following the Prime Minister’s announcement advising against all but essential travel on Monday evening, they told me that I wasn’t covered as it had to come from the Foreign Office.

Then Foreign Office then made the announcement yesterday at 12.30 advising against all but essential travel. I again contacted my insurers, Just Travel, who told me I wasn’t covered even though the policy was taken out 2nd*January. They told me that my travel agents were responsible.

I contacted my Travel agents , Travelbag, who told me they weren’t responsible and it was an insurance matter. In fact Travelbag were very rude telling me they had 17, 000 urgent customers to help. This was as though mine wasn’t an urgent issue.

In addition, I contacted the dispute team at Barclaycard, who were the card provider of the payments as I was lead to believe that they were the ones who would pick this up so the consumer doesn’t lose out. They also told me that the holiday provider, Travelbag, were responsible for a refund.

Please could you help me with some advise as to where I should go with this and what my legal rights are.

Many thanks for your help.

Sent from*Mail*for Windows 10

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X