• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors sending confusing letters after letter of claim...intentional?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell solicitors sending confusing letters after letter of claim...intentional?

Hello everybody, I hope you can help as i need to send my response to a letter of claim in 5 days. So this is my situation: I had a letter before claim last year in July, following this letter I requested the CCA, unfortunately they were able to produce a first page of it, and some other docs. I read somewhere on the Credit consumer Act that a statement of account (not the CCA) should be signed, and this one wasn`t. So to cut the long story short we exchanged letters and eventually they continued to affirm that this statement of account was satisfying and bla bla. So here is the confusion: on their last letter dated 21st january they did not put a deadline to respond, but asked that I make an offer. I was about to submit an offer, forgot to respond and 5 weeks later from this last letter i received a letter of claim, just on the day in which I sent another response to them to question that this statement of account for me was not a real document. A few days later after the letter of claim they wrote to me again that the documents were satisfying,(again) and that they had sent a letter of claim in the meantime. But in that same letter they asked again if i wanted to talk to them confidentially to their number. So i called them, the operator was clearly reading a script and said that there had been a lack of communication. This was untrue as we had exchanging letters for 8 months and a strong conversation started, the lady simply said that she couldn`t help with my complain that in their last letter there was no deadline for responding. She denied any type of help, and simply indicated to put all the complains in the major claim response. But surprisingly yesterday, 4 days after this complaint by telephone, I received another letter from them saying that they will not respond to any more correspondence regarding the missing documents because it is fully satisfactory for them, (again) and just a few lines below, failure to respond would result in a county court claim issued against me. THE COUNTY COURT CLAIM HAS ALREADY BEEN ISSUED !! And this last letter is dated 8 days later than the letter of claim. Now, can i use these confusing and contradictory letters to obtain a complainT that somehow would put the claim on hold? Are they trying to waste my time in order for me to respond late to the letter of claim in order to obtain a CCJ by default?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X