• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mistake in divorce papers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in divorce papers?

In a bit of a bind over impending divorce would appreciate any advice please. Wife and I separated about ten years ago lived apart ever since. We have daughter between us - a child of the family which caused us to split up when I found I wasng her biological dad although I love her dearly as though she were my daughter and agreed to play a part as her dad after I found out. Split has been amicable and we agreed to have a clean break while continuing to keep our existing financial arrangements post divorce. Separated wife has gone on to have 2 other children with two separate partners and her last partner died unexpectedly and my wife has been given a significant death in benefit by his employer for all three of her children including my daughter. Wife has sent divorce papers through unexpectedly - I'm the respondent - and I've been given seven days to acknowledge. No objection to divorcing, we've been separated more than five years but the box has been ticked indicating my wife intends asking for a financial agreement to be made - contrary to our earlier agreement we'd not seek this. I'm currently ill after a botched operation, can't work and relying on benefits which isnt likely to change soon but live in my own home worth about 90k with 43k of mortgage left. We were married just over a year and I paid for everything - deposit, mortgage, bills, etc when I was working. Wife is also fighting with her deceased partners wife over his estate (he died intestate) on the grounds she had his child. Q is if there's a mistake on the acknowledgement of service and my wife says it's a mistake do I call the court to explain or hope my wife doesn't follow through and make a separate application applying for a financial order? I can see this getting messy quickly if my wife expects me to sell my house to fund a financial order as its the only capital I've got to survive on and the only way I can fight back is threaten to go after her death in benefit (which I find in poor taste) or to state our daughter isn't biologically mine - with all the fallout over daughter and our respective families finding out and if the wife gets unreasonable access problems. Called legal advice I have on my home insurance - ti be told they dont deal with familh matters. Any thoughts really appreciated - thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X