• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

C P Plus Parking and Debt Collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C P Plus Parking and Debt Collectors

Back in May 2015, I stayed at a Travelodge on the Westbound Heston Services on the* M4 motorway.* Several weeks later, a letter turned up claiming I would be charged for parking over the prescribed time limit.* I didn't respond immediately as I was in the middle of a stressful time dealing with an elderly Mother after my Father's passing,* but when a follow up letter turned up some weeks later,* I phoned them and told them quite bluntly that I'd been staying in the Travelodge, with my car correctly registered.* Although I wasn't rude, I was definitely assertive, and the woman I spoke to said something about they'd have to check into it. * That was the last I heard from them.* Not unreasonably, I thought that was the end of the matter.
    Now, in quick succession, well over four years later, I have had two letters from a debt collector, DCBL, claiming to be acting on behalf of C P and simply demanding money. * Initially, I thought the first letter must be a scam giver the time that has passed, and then the second arrived at the weekend.
    The tone of the letters is disgraceful, it pretty much amounts to threatening behaviour, pure and simple,* To receive letters like this many years after I thought I'd put the matter to bed is outrageous.
    Having attempted to ring this mob a few times, and been put in an endless queue (at position 40 or greater), I have sent them a letter stating that not only do I not owe any money, but also that the tone of the letters are unacceptable. I have also said that I feel their use of my data is in contravention of GDPR and it should be deleted immediately
    My question here is what should I do now?* I am so angry about this behaviour.
    Am I right in thinking that, unless acting as bailiffs under a specific court order, this company have no more legal power than any other citizen?* Is it not unreasonable to come back to someone after four years, without any communication in between, when the car owner/driver is going to find it much harder to find evidence to support their case?
    I'm fairly sure I can probably find a booking confirmation in old emails for the Travelodge, and even payment evidence in bank statements.* Not surprisingly, I don't think I will have the original letters from the parking firm now. ** Any advice much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X