• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cifas cat 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cifas cat 6

Hi,

I believe I have recently gained a category 6 cifas marker from NatWest after they said they were closing my account and were "unable to discuss this".

I'm 18 and due to go to uni in September/October. I have opened a monzo account because I heard they do not check for cifas and will put my student finance through this account.

My question is: what do I do about my other bank accounts with my savings in? Do I wait for notice for them to close to withdraw the money? Or do I start withdrawing money now in case they close and lock away my savings?

I do not want to draw attention/be accused of fraud again for withdrawing large amounts of cash at a time but also do not want to transfer all my money into monzo as I am scared they will reject me too.

I was also wondering if anyone else had managed to live with a Category 6 marker for 6 years because I am of course concerned about how this will affect my future. Will law firms have access to this kind of information? Will I be able to get internships through uni?

Please get back to me soon.

​​​​
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X