• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Issues with VWFS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Issues with VWFS

Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice;

I spoke with VWFS on the 4th of November to see if I was in a position to VT my Audi A7 as I was keen to purchase a new car. I was advised I was 2 months away from being able to with no penalty/shortfall or I could pay the £1300 and do it immediately I asked if I could pay the shortfall at this time but was told I couldn't as I hadn't yet VT'd. I subsequently purchased the new car and wrote to VWFS on the 18th November to VT. I also followed up with a call on the same day to pay the shortfall but was advised my direct debit was due on the 28th Nov, had already been requested and it was too late for them to cancel it so it may be better to wait until after that had been taken and then pay the difference (or they would contact me to collect the difference...cant remember exactly) otherwise I would have to chase them for reimbursement.*

As I hadnt heard anything from BCA about collecting the car I called them and was told the first available date they could collect was the 17th Dec, almost exactly 4 weeks from the VT date. This was booked in. The car was pristine and under the mileage.

On the 6th Dec I received an update on my credit file showing "worsening payment history as I was 2 months in arrears" which was effectively the shortfall amount I had previously tried to pay. Clearly unhappy with this I called on the 10th to explain what I had been told and that I had expected the DD to be taken (which wasnt) and paid the amount owed....I also asked for the credit note to be removed from my file. On the call I was told it is a simple procedure...then told that as there were no notes on my file saying I had called and tried to pay I would need to raise a complaint so they could investigate whether I had tried to pay in order to remove the negative mark on my file. I was also told I should have been informed I had 14 days from date of termination to settle the shortfall...which Im pretty sure they didnt do at any point...hence requesting the calls.

I now find myself in an incredibly slow complaints procedure. I still hadnt been assigned a case worker at the beginning of this month, have not been sent the copies of the recorded calls as requested on 10th Dec (They told me they have 28 days to do this) as I am keen to get evidence of my requesting to pay and being misadvised....all whilst trundling along to the 4th Feb which is the end of the 8 weeks they have to resolve my complaint.

VT 18th Nov
    Last Direct debit taken 28th October
    Car sold 29th Nov
    Shortfall paid 10th Dec.

Im becoming increasingly worried that I wont get this potentially damaging mark on my credit file removed and would welcome any advice on steps I can take to rectify.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X