• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Guys sorry for the delay i have been away. please join US we will be pleased to have you. https://discord.gg/HEJf5pwa

Comment

• Originally posted by thomas88 View Post
      Hello Guys sorry for the delay i have been away. please join US we will be pleased to have you. https://discord.gg/HEJf5pwa
      Thanks Thomas88

Comment

• I keep missing the discord link and end up finding it when it's invalid . Can someone pm it to me or email it across for me please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom R View Post
          I keep missing the discord link and end up finding it when it's invalid . Can someone pm it to me or email it across for me please?
          thomas88

Comment

• Just a quick update, progress has been very successful recently, We have multiple was to contact us, Here are 2 of the ways >

Facebook Group > (2) Trades Course Complaints | Facebook

Discord Group > https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc

Please Feel free to join us on any of these, we maybe able to help you.

Comment

• Hi Thomas88, you recently asked about the company's house compulsory strike off.
              if nobody else has given you the information....

A compulsory strike off is when another party petitions to have the company struck off the list. This will often be Companies House, which will raise the petition when a business has failed to file accounts or annual statements. Usually they are late giving in their audited accounts and companies House don't like it. This information has to be provided yearly for HMRC to be able to establish whether corporation tax has been done for the correct amount.
              When they submit the documents. As long as the accounts are still active, the just continue and the strike off is deferred.

Comment

• Thomas88.
                I work as a financial crime investigator. You might want to also look up shell companies and how they work.
                Layering....how a business does this.
                Also you can contact action fraud. They are good. And also the NCA - national crime agency. Action Fraud can definitely see any others that have claimed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawprints View Post
                  Hi Thomas88, you recently asked about the company's house compulsory strike off.
                  if nobody else has given you the information....

A compulsory strike off is when another party petitions to have the company struck off the list. This will often be Companies House, which will raise the petition when a business has failed to file accounts or annual statements. Usually they are late giving in their audited accounts and companies House don't like it. This information has to be provided yearly for HMRC to be able to establish whether corporation tax has been done for the correct amount.
                  When they submit the documents. As long as the accounts are still active, the just continue and the strike off is deferred.
                  Hi Pawprints, Thank you very much for your feed back, am in constant contact with CAB, FO, FCO, FCA, I do now understand how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawprints View Post
                    Thomas88.
                    I work as a financial crime investigator. You might want to also look up shell companies and how they work.
                    Layering....how a business does this.
                    Also you can contact action fraud. They are good. And also the NCA - national crime agency. Action Fraud can definitely see any others that have claimed.
                    Yet again, thank you very much for the input, there are a few of us now working on this. Progress is massive WE WILL ROCK THE BOAT

Comment

• Hi All,

Just wanted to post and give my take/verdict on this so far.

At the end of September 2019, my friend told me that he was on an Electrician course and I put down that I would like more information on the New Trades Careers Website. Around start - mid-November 2019 I got a call from a random number and it was a woman from NTC who informed me a little about the course and next thing I knew I had an appointment with someone coming to my house.

I live with my Mum and she had to be present at the point of the meetings for some reason. I was unemployed at the time so when this "course advisor" came around stating that If I got my head down I could fully complete the course in 12-18 months and then start working as a self-employed sparky and be on upwards of £400 a week easily. This very easily convinced me to say yes.

He told me to have a think about it and he came back either the next day or a few days later. Had a little portable DVD player and played a video that showed more of the course. Then we started the onboarding process I guess you could call it. He went onto the phone to Carnegie Consumer Finance to get the loan that I wasn't aware of. I figured I would be paying £180 a month of my own money, He then was asked if he has seen proof of employment, A payslip, and was sure that I could keep up with the monthly payments. He then handed the phone to me and told me to repeat his answers which were yes yes and yes. None of this was true as I wasn't employed and he has never seen a single payslip. He also informed me that if unhappy I can cancel the course at any time which was apparently another lie.

I was taken on and I was so happy as he told me that I was one of x amount of people that had been taken on and this made me feel special I guess. After all this, I know now this was just sales tactics to get me to sign my life away. I was left with a bookbag that includes 4 introduction booklets, 2 DVDs, and a workbook to go through.

Fast forward to April 2020, I have now got some work and am starting to build some funds back up, I contacted NTC and CCF about my course and wanted to cancel as I was past the cooling-off period. I informed them that the course advisor informed me other wise and they had none of it. I was informed to go Citizens Advice which I did and they informed me of multiple regulations that have been broken by NTCs Course Advisor. I contacted NTC once again with all of this information and was fobbed off with a response of " We issued out a final response letter on x date. No longer dealing with this matter etc go seek advice from the ombudsman so that's what I did.

I firstly cancelled the monthly payment and then started getting letters firstly saying I owed an extra £10 here and there for missed payments, Then it was a threat of you owe us the full amount, Followed by we will pass this over to a debt collection agency, Another letter followed "We have now passed this to a debt collection agency" (No debt collection agency ever got in touch) Then a final letter requesting the full £6xxx that was owed.

I have ignored all letters/Scare tactics sent my way and there has been no further chasing up from Carnegie at all which surprised me as I am in a "Financial Agreement" surely they want their funds? I have also checked my credit file for the month after starting the "Finance Agreement" and there are no searches unlike my car finance or phone contract. In August 2020 I registered a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and as of 19/10/2021, they assigned my case to a case handler. I have spoken to them over the phone today 20/10/2021 and given all the information regarding this and they will be back in touch. I originally wanted out of the agreement and they could keep whatever money I paid but now I am very unhappy with threats of Debt Collections etc that I want a refund and compensation for the damages this has caused to my mental health dealing with this.

Sorry for the long read chaps and chappets, I hope this helps someone along the way as I cancelled all payment and just got empty threats. The only communication I get now is NTC automated message about how I have submitted any assignments in a while. But as soon as I hear back from the Ombudsman I will make sure to shoot an update in here. If my complaint is not upheld CCF can go to hell and aren't getting another penny out of me.

- Kyle

Comment

• Originally posted by KyleJJ View Post
                        Hi All,

Just wanted to post and give my take/verdict on this so far.

At the end of September 2019, my friend told me that he was on an Electrician course and I put down that I would like more information on the New Trades Careers Website. Around start - mid-November 2019 I got a call from a random number and it was a woman from NTC who informed me a little about the course and next thing I knew I had an appointment with someone coming to my house.

I live with my Mum and she had to be present at the point of the meetings for some reason. I was unemployed at the time so when this "course advisor" came around stating that If I got my head down I could fully complete the course in 12-18 months and then start working as a self-employed sparky and be on upwards of £400 a week easily. This very easily convinced me to say yes.

He told me to have a think about it and he came back either the next day or a few days later. Had a little portable DVD player and played a video that showed more of the course. Then we started the onboarding process I guess you could call it. He went onto the phone to Carnegie Consumer Finance to get the loan that I wasn't aware of. I figured I would be paying £180 a month of my own money, He then was asked if he has seen proof of employment, A payslip, and was sure that I could keep up with the monthly payments. He then handed the phone to me and told me to repeat his answers which were yes yes and yes. None of this was true as I wasn't employed and he has never seen a single payslip. He also informed me that if unhappy I can cancel the course at any time which was apparently another lie.

I was taken on and I was so happy as he told me that I was one of x amount of people that had been taken on and this made me feel special I guess. After all this, I know now this was just sales tactics to get me to sign my life away. I was left with a bookbag that includes 4 introduction booklets, 2 DVDs, and a workbook to go through.

Fast forward to April 2020, I have now got some work and am starting to build some funds back up, I contacted NTC and CCF about my course and wanted to cancel as I was past the cooling-off period. I informed them that the course advisor informed me other wise and they had none of it. I was informed to go Citizens Advice which I did and they informed me of multiple regulations that have been broken by NTCs Course Advisor. I contacted NTC once again with all of this information and was fobbed off with a response of " We issued out a final response letter on x date. No longer dealing with this matter etc go seek advice from the ombudsman so that's what I did.

I firstly cancelled the monthly payment and then started getting letters firstly saying I owed an extra £10 here and there for missed payments, Then it was a threat of you owe us the full amount, Followed by we will pass this over to a debt collection agency, Another letter followed "We have now passed this to a debt collection agency" (No debt collection agency ever got in touch) Then a final letter requesting the full £6xxx that was owed.

I have ignored all letters/Scare tactics sent my way and there has been no further chasing up from Carnegie at all which surprised me as I am in a "Financial Agreement" surely they want their funds? I have also checked my credit file for the month after starting the "Finance Agreement" and there are no searches unlike my car finance or phone contract. In August 2020 I registered a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and as of 19/10/2021, they assigned my case to a case handler. I have spoken to them over the phone today 20/10/2021 and given all the information regarding this and they will be back in touch. I originally wanted out of the agreement and they could keep whatever money I paid but now I am very unhappy with threats of Debt Collections etc that I want a refund and compensation for the damages this has caused to my mental health dealing with this.

Sorry for the long read chaps and chappets, I hope this helps someone along the way as I cancelled all payment and just got empty threats. The only communication I get now is NTC automated message about how I have submitted any assignments in a while. But as soon as I hear back from the Ombudsman I will make sure to shoot an update in here. If my complaint is not upheld CCF can go to hell and aren't getting another penny out of me.

- Kyle
                        Hi Kyle, thank you for providing such a detailed view, we would love you to come join us on our discord channel. https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc

We hope to see you there

Comment

• *Edit*
                          *I've just been able to see these newer replies, but I can't figure out how to delete this comment so I've just edited it.
                          I'm starting the process of trying to get out of this contract, I think I might attempt the same strategy as KYLEJJ and cancel these payments first.*

Has anyone within this forum managed to get anywhere with this? I've been stuck in a contract with Carnegie Finance after signing up for a Full Scope Electrician course with New Trades Career and I'm lost on how to at-least get out of these payments.

Originally posted by BSa View Post
                          Hi everyone!
                          Just registered myself in hope to find solutions or useful advices about my case. I have read a few posts about New Trades Career , Green 360 limited and Caledonian finance. I am in the same situation , stucked into a contract. I have signed up for the electrician course in january this year . I am still paying 180 a month so Thats 10 payments in a row now. Since january my career took a 180degrees turn, I have to focus on my work, improve a lot otherwise I might end up loosing my job (I am working in Cnc machining, so Thats totally different from a domestical Electrician) . I Never even had the time to start my studies. No tutor marked assingments submitted , a have not used any of their service at all. I am not claiming for a refund, I already payed more than enough to cover their expenses and they still not willing to let me go. My only difference is that I have a whitness. My other half whitnessed all the procedure of the interview and she can confirm all I have been told by the ,,salesman’’. I have already contacted a solicitor whot suggested me to stop payments because the worst thing could happen is that they take me to court , but it is not really worth them. Well... that’s Sounds a bit weird from a professional and I am not sure if I should take the advice.
                          Last edited by K-1; 23rd October 2021, 18:03:PM.

Comment

• Can I please get the discord link?

I have checked on credit score apps and the Caledonian consumer does not show as an active loan at all! I feel I have more than paid for the 1 textbook and disc I recieved! Which might I add works as well as the training websites! (Barely!)

I have seen a couple of people bite the bullet and cancel payments with no repercussions, and another few say they've been advised to take the risk and cancel the payments and so have decided to do so myself!

I will let you know what becomes of it (if I don't reply at all in the future take that as a good sign!!)

But any response from someone whose cancelled payments would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• I started a course just before covid started I was excited at first but then reality kicked in I couldn't get in contact with ntc for help with course work problems with the forum sites also I feel like my money was wasted I would not recommend them to any one.. go to your local college do a night course

Comment

• Hi everyone I'm just about to e-mail Carnegie as they have sent a letter demanding money I'm going to ask for a coppy of credit agreement also I was told i could cancel at any time which I did via email last October never got any reply off them going to pass everything to my solicitor next week also going to remind them that the police and fraud team are looking into there scams which I will get my solicitor involved with

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X