• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello, NPower 10yr problem now court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, NPower 10yr problem now court claim form

Hi if anyone has suffered with Npower I’d really welcome some help. We have just electricity from Npower. We’ve lived in house since 2004. Paid by dd, no problems. In 2009 got a bill for £14k (for 6 months electricity)Rang and was told it was probably a mistake. 2011 I spoke to them regarding swapping to cheaper tariff and was told I couldn’t because of this 2009 bill. But still no chasing it. In 2015 account showed credit of over £5k with note saying did I want to reduce payment to £5 a month or have the £5k. Obviously opted for having £5k put into my account. Then it got passed to ‘large refunds’ then the 2009 bill came up and they said I owed them £12k. I took it to ombudsman and the young guy dealing with it said it was worse case he’d ever seen but catastrophically for me ombudsman ruled in Npower favour and I didn’t know I could appeal. I was very anxious and stressed and couldn’t cope with this. I rang Npower to work out how to pay and they said £143 a month !!!!!!!!!!! For usage and debt!!!!!! Crazy but I was broke so went with it. Fine for about a year even though our usage alone is far more than that , then they put dd up to £1400 pm. Cancelled dd. It’s been so stressful. From them to now my account has sometimes been up to £8k in credit and £14k in debt. They agreed that saying I couldn’t go to a cheaper tariff in 2011 was incorrect and they said from 2011 all bills would be charged at a different rate. Massive credits and debits (over £20k ones) were made to the account but it still resulted in me owing the same.
    even since this happened my account is surprisingly in credit for months at a time! I asked them to split my account which they did last year but did put some of the old debt into new account. I was frightened of them cutting us off or breaking in to put a pay meter in. Last year they handed it to Wilkins Chapman. I asked them when the debt was from as I don’t think it was looked at as backbilling by ombudsman. WC said May 2012! And I asked them to confirm this which they did so saying account was fine until that date, I sent them all the statements of electricity used and payments from that date (account showed credit of £5k at May 2012) and it worked out I owed £5k not the £14k they say I do! Then they said no, all payments made since May 2012 have been allocated to ‘old debt’
    I have found this incredibly difficult and stressful to deal with as we simply don’t have the ability to pay this amount and now they have sent me a court claim form and I don’t know what to send as defence. What part will have the most effect? Does all this defence documentation need to be sent within 28 days or can I send brief defence and all the documentary stuff later? My file to ombudsman was massive. The ombudsman have said they will look at the restructuring of the account- should I do this first? I have buried my head ! Npower has me listed as a vulnerable person because of the effect it has had on me mentally and I am over 60. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X