• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How long??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long??

I posted before. The family law case in question I believe finished near the end of July. My friend wasn't happy with the outcome (shared custody) and hasn't spoken to me since (not spoken to anyone it seems, and won't discuss the case at all).

My question is, it has now been nearly 6 months since I unknowingly committed the offence. It has been about a month or so since the family law case ended. I haven't heard from the police or the SRA -could they be waiting for the family law case to conclude before they arrest me? Could they be gathering evidence, like the hearing recordings or something.

How long do I have to wait until I can be sure I am safe and nothing will happen?

I believe the offence is not a summary one (indictment??) and the sentence is 2 years in prison or a fine or both. (This is for impersonating/acting as a solicitor when unqualified). There are other ways to charge me (carrying out reserved legal activities when not entitled to do so, fraud, etc)

I am living on edge, I can't even tell my kids off when they're naughty incase it's the last days I get with them. I am being medicated for anxiety and on the waiting list for therapy.

I've said it before and it's true - my kids would end up in care as I have no family or friends at all who could have them (no family at all). I read that once settled in care, like for a year, kids don't get returned to parents as it's too disruptive to them! They might even be separated or adopted.... and I can't cope with that idea. They lost their dad to suicide 2 years ago, they can't lose me too.

I'm even having nightmares that the judge doesn't want to send me to prison due to my circumstances but he has to because it's what the law says.

Original thread below

(https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...erate-for-help)
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X