• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

Hi,

Can someone give me a thumbnail sketch of:

1. Particulars of case
    2. Statement of case
    3. Statement of facts
    4. Particulars of claim
    5. Witness statement

I think some of these are the same which is confusing me. What docs are in a simple claim and how does list expand?

Also, am I correct in thinking that county council is not a government department and so I can use MCOL or the new version when bringing a claim against the council? Or is better to stick to paper and putting these in at my local county court?

FYI the claim is about a tree on some land. This tree has undermined my wall, heaved it up and it now leans by 25cm at the top. This land I think is legally highway so I think county council is thus responsible for this tree and thus liable for my wall. I've put the arguments, legal and historical back to 1834, that the land is highway but council won't reply (been 7 months). Hence I think small claims is only solution. I think judgement is 2 parts, is land highway? Did tree tip over my wall? Second one is pretty obvious as tree has ground roots and wall is dry-stone so no footings.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X