• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child abuse, custody, and immigration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child abuse, custody, and immigration?

My girlfriend, 16 living in Russia with her single mother, unfortunately suffers from BD, BPD, Schizophrenia, anxiety, Autism, PTSD from 4 separate traumas (the most recent one today which will be discussed in this post), and self-harms/attempts suicide often... Her mother is a firm believer that mental health does not exist and that my girlfriend's PSYCHIATRIC disorders can be resolved by "thinking positively" and not "whining", denying all opportunities for therapy and medication. Psychiatrists say at this point, after 5 suicide attempts in the past week, the best option is to hospitalise my girlfriend but when the subject was mentioned to her mother, and she noticed self-harm cuts on her arms, she proceeded to beat her, repeatedly slamming her head into a wall.

She cannot leave Russia unaccompanied until she is 18, and I understand that flying there and bringing her back to the UK myself is illegal immigration. Would it be possible to fight an international court case for my family to gain custody so she could live in the UK in peace and get the help she needs?

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X