• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have I got enough of a case to pursue my costs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I got enough of a case to pursue my costs?

I recently agreed to do a job for Housing Association (HA) as a subcontractor to a principle contractor approved by the HA.

To cut a long story short, there was no formal meeting between me and the principle contractor (PC) nor a formal contract. No instructions were given by the PC although I knew the urgency by the HA. Although I do have an email which confirmed that they approved my quotation. I decided to keep a record by emailing the PC to firstly approve my quote as not even my quote had been discussed but assumed I would be just doing the job. So I have quotation approval. I also decided to email the PC for them to start tennant liaison as I could not start works without this either. I was emailed on 21st January '19 stating that this has been undertaken by PC to which I picke up and acknowledged on 22nd January, again by email.

One aside to all this, the materials purchased by PC have minimum working temps (manufacturers advice) and surfaces have to be dry too. I collected these from PC and reluctanctly returned these recently as these were my only 'leverage' as no one at PC was really communicating with me.

From the time that I was first notified by PC that they had undertaken the tenant liaison, there's has only been ONE day above that temp and that one day above it was too wet to start works.

PC then notified me by email on 1st Feb '19 that they wanted the materials back and they would be doing it themselves. I have tried communications with various PC personnel and owner stating that as they approved my quote, they had effectively gave me a green light and commenced incurring charges. I was not contacted at any time by any person from either the HA or PC to find out why the job had not started nor any time to 'rectify' the problem (although the weather is 100% out of my control). It transpires someone at the HA has put pressure on the PC which would have resulted in a H&S issue if I would have worked as having been non-compliant to manufacturers advice (although HA state H&S is taken seriously) which potentially may have increased H&S issues, causing an accident and possible claims against me and the HA !!!

The PC are refusing to accept my charges which have been incurred so far from been given the 'green light' to undertake the job. So I guess now legally, although there was no formal contract, is there any legal recourse for me and under what laws etc? My costs would be around £400-500.

Any advise would be great. Thx in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X