• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke solicitors debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke solicitors debt

I took out a Yorkshire Bank Loan in 2004 for £5000. After a divorce and hardship, I found myself unable to pay. I contacted a debt management company who agreed with them for me to make minimal payment of around £20 per month. The debt management company stopped taking my payments in 2015, I did not hear anything further. I seem to recall I received a CCJ for this, but cannot find any evidence as it was over 6 years ago. Mortimer Clarke solicitors acting for Marlin Europe 1 Limited, contacted me on numerous occassions, I then received a court order for CCJ, which I disputed and asked for documentation. They placed the account on hold. I have today received from Mortimer Clarke a letter which does contact the original Yorkshire Bank documentation from 2004 with statements showing my payments through debt management company up to 15/05/2015. They wording now states " Our client liased with the original creditor in regards to your assertion that a previous County Court Judgment was obtained. Our client received a response from the vendor confirming that they have no records of any previous litigation. Furthermore, the agreement, was taken out on 28/04/2004 and did not terminate until 11/04/2009. Our clients position is that it would not be possible to obtain a County Court Judgment for the Agreement in 2004. Our client would say that you were aware of the outstanding balance when it was assigned to our client. The statement of account from our firm evidences that you may payment through a debt management company and these payments stopped in 2015. Our client's position is that you are liable for the outstanding balance. The Way forward - It is not clear what your defence to this agreement is, we ask that you set out the precised legal basis of any defence within 14 days. Alternatively, our client would like to settle matters with you without the need for further court proceedings. We therefore ask that you put forward repyment proposals to address the outstanding balance. Payment can be made through reasonable and affordable monthly repayments. Our client will not ask you to pay more than you can afford. We ask that this form is returned to us within 14 days, along with your offer of payment"

I am not in any better financial situation than I was in 2009, if anything worse. I am a homeowner. I am really worried as to what to do now, can anyone offer suggestions please.

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X