• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dads will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads will

I have written this to give it a bit more clarity as I don’t think I made things as clear as I could have,
    Thanks in advance.

I wonder if you chaps could give me some advice as to a situation I have re my future inheritance.

My father passed away 5Yrs ago, He made a will naming me and my sibling as Executors Trustees and Beneficiaries in his Will, My mother in the Will as per Dads wishes States that the house as part of Dads estate along with an amount of money states that Mum is to remain in the house for as long as she wishes and the money is Mums to be used for her needs and that Dad has gifted his 50% share of the house to the Trust and the named Beneficiaries who are Myself and my Sibling.

Myself and my sibling are not on speaking terms and although (I am power of attorney for both health and finances for Mum) Since Dads death Mum is increasingly becoming more and more distant, Not returning calls and acting strange on the phone and when I do manage to get ahold of her she is reluctant to speak if my sibling is there?

My sibling will not speak to me and hasn’t really spoke to me for years? I have tried to sort this out with him especially now Dads gone and for Mums sake if she should need myself if she was ill or has an accident or problem, But he won’t return my calls or contact and Mum says she is fearful of him finding out if I’ve called and she doesn’t want him to know we’ve spoken, She will not visit just in case he finds out, It’s a nightmare!

I am worried that he is manipulating her and to a degree I know he is but she could well be playing us off against one another.

I wouldn’t put it passed him to try and change the terms of Dads will to suit whatever purpose he has in mind? I can’t get to find out what’s going on so all that’s left is to be forearmed if he’s up to no good if manipulating Mum and the estate.

The Will is as originally prepared by a company that is no longer in business it does in my opinion need updating but only due to My home address being changed, Also a Parrot named in the Will is no longer with us and My Brother is now My Sister due to gender reassignment.

I obviously am not wanting to contravene any of My Fathers wishes but do want his Will looking over and notarising by a professional body for legalities because I am not sure that this has ever been done!

My mother is unapproachable about the subject, My Brother now my sister is and always has been unapproachable in my life so I am of the opinion that what is in this original Will and contains my Fathers wishes is still valid and cannot be contravened?

I’m assuming that whatever Dad put in trust for myself and sibling in the original Will should stand as is (no matter) what Mum and Sibling decide to do betwixt them?

It’s not that I would like to contest any valid changes that mum might want to bequeath from what is rightfully hers to him that’s nothing to do with me unless she’s been forced? I only want to see that what has been put in trust for me is notarised by authenticity of the Will and passes to me upon Mums departure as Dad so wished.

If that is the case then when Mum does pass I’m hoping all should be cut and dry.

Please let me know if you can help with this and if not then possibly guide me in the right direction.

Thank You.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X