• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Renewing a caveat online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing a caveat online

I live in England so does my sister and my late father lived in England

I currently have a Will dispute over my late fathers estate. For this reason I have put in a Caveat to block my sister who is Executor from being granted probate. We are almost at the point of coming to an agreement between ourselves without having to involve solicitors.* The amount in dispute is only £12,500 so it didn't seem worth getting solicitors involved but also seemed too much to just write off as a loss so we are trying to reach an agreement between us and I think we are almost there.

My sister applied once a while back for probate but it was denied due to my Caveat.

I have a Caveat in place that expires on the 11th April 2020. The Caveat confirmation letter says it expires on the 11th April

Do they mean it's valid up to and *including* the Saturday 11th of April as in it expires at 23:59:59 on the 11th?

I was told by the probate registry that I can renew it online at gov.uk but only after it expires not before as if I try to renew it before the system will detect it as a duplicate and reject it.

If I renew it online at the first opportunity on the 12th April at 00.01 is there a chance that my sister will be able to get probate in the tiny gap between the old caveat expiring and the new one being registered or is this very unlikely to happen? The probate office said it may take 24 hours for the new Caveat to be processed. I will be submitting it at midnight on Sunday 12th so if the Caveat takes the maximum 24 hours to process I assume it will be active by the time the probate office opens on Monday 13th.

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by noname123; 6th April 2020, 22:24:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X