• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sister is refusing to discuss distribution of estate - post probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister is refusing to discuss distribution of estate - post probate

My mum died at the beginning of the year, and probate was relatively easy to obtain despite her not leaving a will. Both myself and my sister were named as administrators of the estate. My sister still lives in my mums property and never really left home. Initially, I said that I would not rush her to leave the house, but that I needed to understand what she though her intentions would be in the long run. 9 months have passed and I'm still no closer to understanding what her intentions are. When I bring up the conversation, she goes silent and refuses to answer, only saying that she "hasn't thought about it yet" I try and reassure her that i'm not trying to get her to leave the home right away, but that I need to understand where I stand in regard to my share.

There is enough cash to enable her to buy me out, (at a loss to me, which I have offered to take this loss) if she wants to stay in the house. She refuses to tell me whether she wants to stay, or leave. I've equally offered my share of the cash to allow her to buy a smaller home which would be more appropriate, but she refuses to answer my questions.

I think there is a possibility that my sister may suffer from some kind of autism, though this was never diagnosed it has become particularly obvious since my mum died.

We only have each other left family wise, and so I don't want to ruin what is left with a legal challenge, but I'm at a loss as to what I should do next? Any advice or guidance from anyone who's been in a similar situation would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X