• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barbaric Law System, Advice please !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbaric Law System, Advice please !!

Good morning
    I have a problem with my property title, in that the Keeper of the Registers of Scotland made a mistake in colouring the title plan giving part of my property into my neighbour's title, and of course, they now claim to be in possession !! I have not done anything about it for a long time some 18 years, will I have a problem because of the length of time? I have just let it float on. Because of the stress levels and indeed the cost, I will need to be selling soon to move into sheltered housing, so I need to go to the Lands tribunal, but have I left it too long, the fact that these mistakes happen due to the Keeper of the registers of Scotland not doing their job properly, and if I want it rectified, I need to take it at great expense to the Lands Tribunal, this Barbaric law system which allows the keepers mistake, then to be established in law if the other party claims to be in possession, The system was looked at years ago, but really no fundamental change to this part of the law.
    Thank you in anticipation

Tags: None

Why you left it so long will be the 'stumbling' block, if you can give good reasons, i.e. caring for someone, health etc then maybe it can be 'rectified', you also then need to find 'precedent' that would support your case.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Lots of things really, health, expense and the fact that the last owner said they would agree to rectify, and kept saying so, and then sold without doing so

Comment

Originally posted by Scotland 6 View Post
        Thank you for your reply, Lots of things really, health, expense and the fact that the last owner said they would agree to rectify, and kept saying so, and then sold without doing so
        Now, look for precedents (cases) similar to yours.

http://www.scottish-land-court.org.u...rted-decisions

You'll also need to visit a Law Centre once you've got all the information together.

Comment

Many thanks, for that,I will have a good look, it has caused so much stress between one thing and another over the years,thank you for your kind help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X