• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Medical neg going ahead will care be affected?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical neg going ahead will care be affected?

Hi everyone. I got the news that my medical negligence case is going ahead. Expert doctor did a report and found multiple breaches of duty and clear cut negligence. This involves misdiagnosis of gynae cancer, being fobbed off many a time and the doctor actually implicating themselves by recording in my notes that they think I'm a hypochondriac and they refused me biopsies as they don't deem it necessary. Cue 4 years later stage 3 disease found, one surgery, one round of immunotherapy, currently on chemotherapy, unsure if I'll ever beat this vile disease!

I'm only early 30s and this is all being done via legal aid in Scotland as I no longer have an income because I can't work due to all of this. (trained & worked all my life). This has prevented me from starting a family etc aswell which is upsetting.

My main questions are:
    1. Is this going to affect my care? Bearing in mind when I complained to the health board I was met with cover ups, defensive doctors who were defending clear negligence and many doctors who wouldn't even engage in conversation with me about misdiagnosis. My health board is known for chastising whistle-blowers, doctors all stick together and there has been scandal after scandal in local papers. I'm finally with a fantastic doctor who is just amazing and very knowledgeable. She doesn't engage in the conversation about my past care which is fair enough and professional. I just worry when she gets the memo that I'm taking them to court she might change with me. She wasn't around when I was misdiagnosed and only came into my care the past 2 years.

2. Any advice on what to expect via the legal aid process and what will happen next? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

3. Does the public get notified anywhere in Scottish courts etc of people taking legal action against nhs. I'm wary of this as I want to keep this private and don't want people knowing my business as many have an ill view on people sueing the nhs, despite them having liability insurance for this very circumstance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X