• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays claiming money with menace. Even though no money is owed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays claiming money with menace. Even though no money is owed

Hi this is a crazy one.
    My son in law had a car on finance. The finance being through Barclays finance partnership.
    He was made redundant and contacted Barclays to pay off the remaining finance, which he duelly did.
    He received notification from Barclays stating the finance was paid and this is evidenced in his bank statement. And the settlement letter.

The letter also instructed him to cancel his direct debit and any other standing charges. Which he did.

Jump forwards a month and he received a letter from Barclays stating he had missed a payment for the car.
    He rang Barclays customer service and explained that it had been paid to which they raised a complaints stating they would investigate.
    He then gets another message re the car finance to which he responded again this time stating that he is a vulnerable adult due to having aspergers and this harrasment is now leading to stress. Again they said they would investigate.
    Jump forwards another month and he gets a letter stating the payment is overdue and if it's not paid it will be passed to debt agency it will affect his credit history and they may repossess his car.
    I have been made aware of this situation and have emailed the complaints department directly explaining the finance has been cleared I have sent evidence which proves this and have informed them that they have 7 working days to respond to confirm they have rectified their mess up and demanding a full apology.
    He has paid the finance so I see this as claiming money with menace and harrasment.
    Any further thoughts on this as we are more than happy to take this to court as we have the proof.
    Regards Bill
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X