• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Toyota Finance VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Finance VT

I purchased a car via Toyota finance back in 2017 with it being a brand new car with 100,00 or 5 years warranty with me using it as a taxi driver I thought the best bet was to stick with my local Toyota main dealer garage to get it serviced to safeguard my warranty, In total, I got the car services times at the same garage centre around 13,000 miles average each time in 2020 the engine warning light flagged up a week before my next service which was due.

After the service, Toyota garage could not find any fault they later said I need to book it in again for a full day which I did a week later they ended up taking the engine out under warranty but when they requested a new engine from Toyota head office they refused to replace a new engine because of the miles against how old the car was at 83,000 they said I missed a service by 10,000 miles which made the warranty void.

With me refusing to pay for the engine as I felt they shouldn't have taken the engine out in the first place if I was not under warranty I refused to take the car back.

I contacted Toyota head office and also the finance department as my next payment was due in a weeks time they got backed to me and sided with the Toyota garage saying I should pay for the new engine which I still refused.

I had no other option but to VT the contract as we were all at a stalemate and neither one was budging plus I have paid 50% Toyota finance at first refused to VT saying the car is not fit for the purpose as it needed a new engine but I finally put it in writing and they accepted.

6 months after me VT Toyota invoiced me the charges via British car auction for the list of repairs when I checked the list there was no sign of a new engine the garage was adamant I needed?

Upon also looking on the DVLA website I realised there was a safety recall on the same very make and model around the same time which was the reason why the engine warning light was on? Also when the car was sold via British car auction the mileage was 73,000 miles the same very reason the dispute was over?

My question is if you VT a contract and Toyota are saying I needed a new engine then surely I should see it on my invoice of charges plus there were no excess mileage charges and also no legal summon from any solicitor or debt collecter either?

Back in 2020 when this happen I went to FOS and they sided with Toyota Finance but at the time I still owned the car the DVLA and also safety recall was not part of the case I have only realised all this in 2021 after I received the invoice I cant go to MOS because I used the car as a private hire taxi driver

Just wondering where I stand on the whole matter.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X