• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rejection

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for some advice on my recent car purchase, it's a bit of a long one so please bear with me...

Here is a brief description of the events:

On 4th January 2020 I purchased a Brand New Car from a dealership in Kent.

On the 7th January 2020 I noticed there was damage to the drivers (O/S) side sill, which was damage that had been badly touched up by the dealer or factory. I contacted the dealer immediately with photographs and they insisted the damage wasn’'t there initially and a sales manager at the dealership made some accusatory comments. I complained to the dealership and the Director of the dealership about this.

I was initially going to reject the previous car at this point, but I wanted an amicable resolution so it was agreed with the dealership that they would supply a replacement Brand New car they had in stock which was a different colour but I was okay with that.

I noticed before collection on some photos supplied (and a YouTube video of the New replacement car) that there was damage to the New cars side stripe. It was then agreed that the stripe would be ‘fixed’ before I collected the replacement car, again as I wanted to save any issues and hassle going through rejection.

Upon collection of the car on 24th January 2020 the dealer told me the stripe had been fixed by a 'local graphics company' so not a genuine part, however it was a different colour and it didn’'t match the other stripes. It was agreed that the dealer would get the genuine side stripe in stock to replace with the incorrect one.

It’'s now been approx 8 weeks since I collected the replacement car, which still has the different coloured side stripe fitted and the dealer has said the genuine correct coloured stripe is unavailable from the manufacturer.

I’'ve paid over £32,000 for the car on a PCP, including a £2000 deposit.

I've had a lot of inconvenience in having to travel back and forth from the dealership to collect the replacement car which is a 10 hour journey in total as the dealer is in Kent and I’m up North. To still have issues with the replacement car in my opinion is unacceptable.

The car also has issues with the exhaust system, which makes a rattling sound and also a cracked fog light surround. These have also been reported to both the manufacturer and the dealership as well.

I have also still yet to sign the amended finance agreement for the replacement car due to all of this, which was posted to me nearly two weeks after I took ownership of this car and I’m still awaiting the £200 owed in the difference between the price of the previous car and the new one, which again I have told the manufacturer and finance company about numerous times via email.

I have spoken to Citizens Advice, who advised me to write to the finance company which I did on the 10th March. On 13th March I received an email from the Dealerships Director asking me to contact her. I sent her an email saying that I have written to the finance company and explaining to her the situation and what outcome I’'d like. Since then I have received nothing, but I’m preparing for the dealer/finance company to respond in possibly saying they won’t accept it. So I'’m looking to have some kind of legal advice/backup just in case this situation arises.

I’'ve asked for the car to be collected as I’'m rejecting it, to be refunded my £2000 deposit and for the the finance to be terminated.

I don’t know if this your area of expertise, but I just wanted to see if this is something you think I have a chance of being successful with on my own and something that you would think I’m entitled to ask for due to the circumstances as stated above?

Many thanks, Simon

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X