• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse VT and new clause in the annual statement regarding over mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse VT and new clause in the annual statement regarding over mileage

Hi,

I've read through a number of threads before posting this one, and the very comprehensive guide provided by R0b on the subject.

I'm reasonably happy about the VT process but I will be in excess of the annual mileage allowance by some margin.

The original document clearly states the VT rights and also has a section on over mileage.
    However, on the T&Cs printed on the reverse of the document it clearly states section 6 (where the mileage charge/limitation is defined) "...This clause only applies if the 'GOODS RETURN OPTION' section on page 1 (including the Guaranteed Future Value) has been completed and you have paid all the Repayments shown on page 1..."

Now with a VT I'm not completing the GOODS RETURN OPTION nor will all the payments be made so I'm not certain they can make the mileage charge stick.

Here's the change, in my annual statement of account, I noticed now that they include a section about VT rights and in that section they now state that extra will be charged "...if you have exceeded the agreed mileage".

Now I don't believe this statement forms a contract so I should pay attention only to the original document. I thought it interesting that they feel the need to state this as perhaps they realise the contract isnt very watertight on this point.

Im happy to upload redacted documents if necessary, but does anyone have experience with Black Horse and VT when mileage is over the limit, and is it still the case that, IN LAW, termination rights supersede anything noted in the contract in different sections. BTW, the dealer also said I could do this so not to worry about the mileage stated on the contract. Of course that was verbally given so I have no proof.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X