• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Couple of PCH worries I could use some advice on - please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple of PCH worries I could use some advice on - please?

On 29th April I ordered a PCH car online/phone through a well known company(like most it is a credit broker that sources the car and also finds you the finance via a finance house). My biggest concern was always that they could meet the delivery deadline of 23rd August. I was told that current delivery times were 2 weeks prior to that so there shouldn’t be a problem and that they would provide me an expected delivery date within 48 hours. 11 days later and I have heard nothing and my first thought was that they (broker or finance company) are running down the 14 day cooling off period before ordering the car. Also I have received no documents to sign from the finance company but they have approved my credit and carried out an identity check. Is this something that these companies typically do or does the agreement only commence when I sign the financial agreement. As a point of note I got a very competitive deal and also managed to get the upfront car sourcing fee waived so at this moment and until after the car is delivered, I will not be out of pocket. My questions are:
    1) When exactly does the cooling off period start?
    2) Are there separate cooling off periods for the broker (I.e. when car is ordered on 29/4) and finance company (when I sign the finance documents)?
    3) If I continue to wait and hope for the best and my delivery requirement (suspiciously absent from the official order which has no contractual details on it at all other than price, term and extras) is missed at what point does the contract become breached by them allowing me to go elsewhere to obtain a vehicle? So, if the car is 28 days late, is that ok? 3 months? A year? Surely at some point the contract is breached by the broker and/or the finance company?
    My worry is that I’m contracted into something I can’t get out of and given that I’ve heard nothing back and time is ticking they will likely be late on delivery. This will mean that I will have to rent as my current lease car will go back on 24th August and I have a few bad experiences with car rental firms.
    I hope that all of the above makes sense and I would welcome all help/advice/opinions.
    Thanks for reading,
    Max
    Last edited by Maxspencer99; 11th May 2019, 05:51:AM. Reason: Edited slightly to clarify it is a PCH order
    Tags: None

Hi Max, how did you get on with this situation? I’m in a slightly similar predicament.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X