• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secure Trust Bank - Not updating credit file after VT ( VIA CCA 1974 )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure Trust Bank - Not updating credit file after VT ( VIA CCA 1974 )

Hi Everyone,

I used this form back in 2015/2016 to VT ( Via CCA 1974 ) My Car finance - Which was successful, well to a degree. There was a dispute around final amounts owed, but, we got there eventually.

Now, its come to light that Secure trust bank never terminated the Car finance when the VT was cancelled in 2016 on my credit file. In fact, they kept it going as if the agreement was ongoing and instead of marking me as paid, or settled, they marked me as having missed payments. They eventually closed my account in July 2017 after an agreement had been made to pay the additional fee's ( after getting the financial ombudsman involved ).

This has recently stopped me getting a mortgage and I was quite shocked and horrified they had been doing this.

So, here is my question!

Do I have a claim here for dispute? as far as I am aware, when you VT your finance via CCA 1974, your account should be settled on your credit file. The company does have the right to claim back any necessary amounts due to damage etc. But, this this should not be held against my HP agreement - Am I thinking along the right lines here?
    Last edited by jaw1985; 18th February 2019, 10:27:AM. Reason: Wrong abbreviation.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X