• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PSA Finance end of contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA Finance end of contract

I will try keep this short. I need some advice.

We got a car from a Citroën Dealership through PSA Finance. The day we got the car it had a faulty brake system. They wouldn't stand over it. I ended up fixing the issue myself at hefty expense of parts. On to more recent events.

We contacted PSA arranged for the vehicle to be collected. Manheim refused to take the vehicle and an assessor said there was over £1000 worth of damage to the vehicle (minor scratches which all came outo when rubbed with P30 compound and a good rag). I spoke to some one at PSA who insisted we buy the vehicle or it will be repossessed. I left it that PSA take the car end of story.

I let the hare sit for a few weeks then contacted them today. Apparently if the car is repossessed they will charge us X, Y & Z.

Bearing in mind that the contract ended on 5th November and we told them 3 years ago that we where returning it and there is no money owed (all monthly payments are up to date) etc. If they repossess the car what can they try to charge us for? The way I see it is the contract has expired and it is their car as we have been reminded of at every opportunity by them they are merely collecting their own car and it is no longer our issue if they "repossess" the car as they've put it.

Also I trust they cannot blacklist us as such as the contract is up but I could be wrong. We are in Northern Ireland so I don't know if there is a difference between mainland UK and N.I

Thanks

Daniel
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X