• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Issues with BMW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Issues with BMW

Hi all,

I have just recently VT'd my bmw after 3 years 2 months into a 4 year deal.

The mileage allowance was 40,000 over the 4 years.
    I handed the car back with just over 37,000 miles on it, so under the 40k.
    BMW have stated pro rata I am over my allowance and wanted £495.
    The car was handed back minted, I spent over £1500 fixing scratches from the kids etc.....
    No issues with wear and tear....

I have now checked my credit report and its dropped over 100 points due to the pro rate mileage missed payment. I have never missed a payment at all...

I did sign a document to end the agreement (I know hindsight is wonderful)

Where do I stand here, the car was perfect when handed back, and was under 40 k Mile's!
    Really annoying as who does a perfect mileage every month with this pro rata nonsense!

Thanks in advance

Gregg
    Tags: None

Sent a nice letter to BMW and asked them if they were willing to half the excess mileage charge.

Lady from BMW phoned regarding said letter and basically told me 'no chance'. They are not willing to move on anything.

As stated before on these forums unless you go to court they are not interested.......

Comment

You could try making a formal complaint and then complaining to the Financial Ombudsman. There is now a County Court case which has found that excess mileage is not recoverable. The FOS ahs previously stood behind finance companys and their contracts but in light of the recent judgment, hopefully this might swing things in favour of the hirer.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks rob,

Appreciate your reply. I have contacted paul on the forum and we are discussing ways to move forward. I think 1st step is a legal letter to the ombudsman to see above removing credit file mark and excess mileage charge. Hopefully in light of recent case the ombudsman sees sense.....

Comment

Originally posted by GreggM View Post
          Thanks rob,

Appreciate your reply. I have contacted paul on the forum and we are discussing ways to move forward. I think 1st step is a legal letter to the ombudsman to see above removing credit file mark and excess mileage charge. Hopefully in light of recent case the ombudsman sees sense.....
          Hi GREGGM, did you get anywhere with this? Did pay the excess mileage in the end? Ive just had a letter they have a legal right to claim the excess mileage after i contested it.

Comment

Hi,

I wrote a letter to the ombudsman and eventually received a reply last week.
            The letter stated they had recieved numerous complaints about excess mileage charges and had a back log and they were investigating cases individually.
            A slight glimer of hope if they are recieving alot of these types of complaints!

I now have the account marked as delinqent on my credit file, which is not correct by any means.

I have also contacted experian and asked them to investigate the missed payments versus 'charges' on my credit file. Experian have taken a considerable time to investigate, the last i heard on this they where in communication with BMW financial services.
            The ombudsman's stated it can take up to 6 months to investigate so it isn't a quick process by any means.

You will have to be prepared to be patient if you want to fight your claim......

Comment

Thanks for the update, that letter is currently doing the rounds at the moment.

You might also want to take a screensscreand/or provide the link below to the Ombudsman as part of their investigation. t's a question raised on the Experian website answered by James Jones who is head of Consumer affairs.

His response confirms that provided you meet the 50% requirement, you dont need to pay anymore and you wont have any late payment markers registered against your name. Although just an opinion and given the position James is in at Experian, you could argue that is the view from Experian's perspective - that no late payment markers should be registered.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180209...rmination.html

I believe the letter should have a specific email address listed so if you do send it on, make sure to send it to that email address to ensure it reaches the right person.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob i have sent the link to my investigator

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X