• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Getting ready to Voluntary Terminate with Barclays Partner Finance - Help required.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to Voluntary Terminate with Barclays Partner Finance - Help required.

Good afternoon Beagles R0b

I just wanted to gain some tips before I go to war, after reading a number of cases on here!!

My Termination letter as taken off here, Thank you, reads like this:

Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99
    OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right under section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that the agreement is terminated effective immediately from the date of this letter. Please confirm by return acknowledgement of this letter and to make arrangements for collection of the vehicle.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for its age and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the condition of the vehicle.

You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act limits my liability to half of the total amount payable under the agreement but excludes any sum payable as a penalty, compensation or damages for a breach of the terms of the agreement. Such terms imposed are inconsistent with my rights under the Act and are therefore deemed void and unenforceable.

The vehicle is now available for collection and I would be grateful if you could contact me on xxxxxxxxxx to arrange a suitable time within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxx

Is this sufficient to send off special delivery so they sign for it and gets to them ASAP.
    What is the next move as I am due another payment to them on the 1st August, however I do not want to cancel and risk being set to default, but on the other hand why should I pay for a months 'use' if I am terminating the contract.

I have spoken to them in May 2018 and they confirmed I was over half way through the agreement and it finishes in June 2019 so paid a lot more than half. I have now just secured another car which I am due to pick up on the 4th August.

Any help on this would be amazing, I have read NOT to sign forms they send even though they will 'require' it.
    When is my liability for the car over? and if anything happens to the car whilst I wait for them to collect it what do I do?
    Do I take the insurance off the car as it is no longer my responsibility? as I will need to transfer this over to my new car.

Thank you guys

Rod.
    Last edited by Roddaz77; 27th July 2018, 08:21:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X