• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye drops a case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye drops a case

I have just read the following on LinkedIn, posted by someone who is regularly involved in court cases.

Iknow it's Saturday but I just couldn't wait until Monday to post about one of the best legal wins of my career!

Just before Christmas I went to pick up my Dad from the Holiday Inn in Basildon. I drove in and picked him up from reception. Soon after I received a demand for a parking 'fine' from ParkingEye Ltd of Chorley. According to them the entire area is under their control and I hadn't paid them. If I was a guest at the hotel I could have obtained some sort of pass.

I filed my response which included the attached picture. My argument was that I didn't turn left and so why would I think that the car parking rules applied to me? They ignored my reply and after a few aggressive letters they issued a claim. I filed my defence again and, as a good litigator, I ticked the box that agreed to mediation. However, as the day drew closer I read the guidance and it advised me that to use their system I had to be prepared to pay something. I decided that I could not agree to that term and so I notified them earlier this week that I wished to cancel the mediation as I could not meet the terms and I wanted a Judge to review my evidence. Today I received a letter from the claimant discontinuing the action.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X