• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter Before Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Before Claim

Hi,

I received two letters today from CST LAW dated 7th January Both 'Letter before Claim', First letter - £160 PCN April 2021. 2nd Letter £320 two PCN April/May £160 each. Claimant - Park Direct UK limited

Last year during April/May I had a family emergency due to covid for which I had to leave my home town and travel to a relative in order to care for them during their diagnoses which unfortunately led to bereavement. Before Leave, the estate inspector sympathised with my situation and advised to park my vehicle within the estate parking area on a disabled bay which no one uses whilst I am away and if there were to be any PCN he would get it cancelled. However when I returned I found 5 PCN on my car during those 2 weeks. I contacted the inspector who I found out left work and didn't make anyone in office aware of the arrangement. When I spoke to office they wasn't aware about it and refused to help.

I ignored the PCN (I know I shouldnt have now). The letters for recovery were sent to my previous family address who didn't forward them to me until this urgent letter.

Now I find myself in a situation where CST is threatening with legal action, They have also provided a information pack for debt advice and response letter to send within 30 days but it has already been 17 days. I currently do not have the funds to pay these 3 fines along with potentially another 2 as I lost my job last year due to pandemic and struggling to keep up with payments.

Could you please advice if there is something I can do? I feel its very unfair Im being penalised for something I was assured I wouldn't. Im Hindsight I should have atleast taken a written record of the agreement with me and the former inspector to ensure I dont end up in this situation but this is where I am now and seek advice on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Regards

Zak
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X