• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT advice: UKCPM/Gladstone Solicitors -CCJ applcnt judgement set-aside/court date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT advice: UKCPM/Gladstone Solicitors -CCJ applcnt judgement set-aside/court date

Dear Team,

I have a situation as below, and would kindly like to seek advice or guidance on the matter.

1. UK Car Park Management claim i owe them over £400 for failing to respond to a parking charge issued by them on April 2017 for unauthorised parking on a private road.
    2. The date this apparent charge relates to was when my car was given to a workshop close-by for repair and was never parked by me on any unauthorised private parking.
    3. I never received a single letter or picture of the offence and the first i found out was a letter from Northampton county court highlighting i have a CCJ (October 2018) followed by a letter from Bailiffs (October/November 2018) highlighting i owe an amount over £400.
    4. I contacted UKCPM and Gladstone numerous times and their line never goes through, so i contacted Bailiff who were able to only confirm the location and date of contravention and highlighting they also had no other information i.e. pictures and only options i have was to do a N244 application (paying an astonishing £255) for something i have know knowledge of.
    5. My N244 application was based on the following/below points and now have a court date for Mid February2019 and have a 15minute hearing, are the below points sufficient or ahead of this should i be contacting UKPCM via recorded delivery to request proof and find out further as i have no more details on this apparent offense?

What should i do over and above below to put my self in best position and some forums do say they do not turn up and I'm really not sure what they have vs what other defence i should have or need?

What order are you asking the court to make and why?

I kindly request an order of dismissal from the court or, failing which, the right to defend a judgement against me as firstly, I have no knowledge of what this is related to and secondly having not received any correspondence prior to receiving an alarming letter few days ago with a County Court Judgement. I hold a clean license of 23 years of driving and have not been subject to any parking offence as such in the history of my driving. In regards to the CCJ, I have not seen any clamps/tickets on my car and therefore are completely astonished as to what this is reference to.

What information will you be relying on, in support of your application?

I wish to highlight the following points to the court for consideration in support of this application:

1. I had no knowledge or awareness of this claim until receipt of the abovementioned correspondence and County Court Judgement. My residential address has been known to cause some confusion as well leading to previous incorrect deliveries/posts. This is due to the fact that I live next to a business park whereby there are numerous number 1's on the same roadi.e. Unit 1 X Court, Unit 1 Y Road, 1 Office Village. Therefore, it could be highly likely that there has been confusion with this hence the claim has not been contested prior to this.

2. As mentioned, I am holding a clean concrete license whereby I have not had any offences. Nonetheless, in regards to the above claim I have not received any photographic evidence or any material highlighting a road offence.

3. After research on the claimant and it's legal representatives I have found ample forums and web pages online ridiculing their deceitful methods of obtaining money off people by issuing unlawful tickets in the hope that many innocent drivers would pay up.

4. I have tried in good faith to contact both UK Car Park Management Ltd and Gladstone Solicitors to discuss this matter further and to request both further information and evidence of the infraction. Unfortunately I could not get through to them (line seemed to be closed and unattainable) and no attempt has been made by them to contact me to discuss the matter further. Furthermore, this is also something many other motorists are experiencing (read through the various forums/websites and reviews on this matter).

Therefore, I am hoping this CCJ could be disregarded based on the points mentioned above and more clarity to be provided as to what this actually is.

Additional Information:

· Further to point 1 with respect to potential delivery confusion, I have since checked with the business park addresses who have confirmed no letters for my address are with them and if there were these would be forwarded to my house. Unfortunately nothing was received before coming to light of this via a CCJ.

I look forward to hearing back on this matter.

Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X