• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disabled persons defence under equalities act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled persons defence under equalities act

Hi everyone

I have severe ADHD autism and am considered disabled under the required definition, I get PIP Payments etc , I have been taken to court by captial car park control ltd who say I breeched their terms on signage.

Their signs specify I must show a blue badge which I don't have and just use the correct bays.

Does my defense below appears to make sense

Defendant is considered disabled under the lawful definition, and the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. The signage is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this is should be considered a breach of the Equality Act, and as such the contract is unenforceable.
    EQUALITY ACT 2010
    142 Unenforceable terms
    (1) A term of a contract is unenforceable against a person in so far as it constitutes, promotes or provides for treatment of that or another person that is of a description prohibited by this Act.

144(1) A term of a contract is unenforceable by a person in whose favour it would operate in so far as it purports to exclude or limit a provision of or made under this Act.

29 Provision of services
    (1) A person (a “service-provider”) concerned with the provision of a service to the public or a section of the public (for payment or not) must not discriminate against a person requiring the service by not providing the person with the service.

(2) A service-provider (A) must not, in providing the service, discriminate against a person (B)—
    (a)as to the terms on which A provides the service to B;
    (b)by terminating the provision of the service to B;
    ©by subjecting B to any other detriment.

(3) A service-provider must not, in relation to the provision of the service, harass—
    (a)a person requiring the service, or
    (b)a person to whom the service-provider provides the service.

(4) A service-provider must not victimise a person requiring the service by not providing the person with the service.

(5) A service-provider (A) must not, in providing the service, victimise a person (B)—
    (a)as to the terms on which A provides the service to B;

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X