• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Essex Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Essex Council

Just received a PCN for a car stopped in a school zone in Essex, I'm from Derbyshire!

I've logged into the Essex Council website with the pcn ref and it shows a picture of Kids being unloaded from a car in front of a school and a no stopping sign.

I have never been the registered keeper for this car, however I did have it my possession for one week last year, the v5c/2 was passed straight to the new owner.

The address is partly correct (wrong postcode) also the PCN says Black VW when the car is an MG!

I've Emailed Essex Council explaining that I am not the registered keeper, they have responded asking for proof within 13 days.

How do I prove it? I have phoned the DVLA who have confirmed that neither myself or my address have any connection with the car but currently it has no registered keeper.

The reg is WU54 VOV and currently shows as taxed and recently mot'd.

I have since Emailed Essex Council again asking them to supply me with a copy of any data they have about me in connection with the car and suggested they contact the DVLA for the details of the car's last known keeper, it's possible that's what they have done and my details were supplied by them. However as I've never been the registered keeper would the PCN stick?

DVLA has said they are not able to issue anything in writing, I would need to send in a V62 to apply for a V5c. I don't wish to do that and I don't have required details such as the VIN etc

Any advice?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X