• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter Of Claim BW Legal for Britannia Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a scanner or printer. So they said I can photo and upload.
    is what I've written correct? Or do I need to add/change anything?

Comment

I don't have a scanner or printer, so the court Sid I could upload a good quality photo as an attachment.

is what I've written ok to use? Or do I need to add anything? Or word it differently?

thanks,

Comment

UPDATE: I sent in the defense as I wrote above, I've confirmed with the court that they've been received, so I guess now I wait....

Comment

Originally posted by She-Ra View Post
          UPDATE: I sent in the defense as I wrote above, I've confirmed with the court that they've been received, so I guess now I wait....
          Hi

Sorry I didn't respond the other day....I was out for most of it (Executor duties).

I'm glad that you were able to file at court....I'll have a look back through the thread, see where we are.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Could you type on here exactly what you wrote as your filed defence? (For both cases if applicable)

[Note for me s9(5)]

I guess, if all else fails, you could always use the old 'Sword of Power?
            Last edited by charitynjw; 15th March 2019, 17:57:PM.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I pretty much wrote what I said in post #44 was short and sweet, but I guess if they want to carry on I can elaborate further down the line?

Comment

Originally posted by She-Ra View Post
                I pretty much wrote what I said in post #44 was short and sweet, but I guess if they want to carry on I can elaborate further down the line?
                Could you type it up verbatim?
                If you need to add anything, we could try emailing the court quickly.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

(See above post)

Also, do the car pics on the notices to keeper have date/time stamps?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

My defence attached. It's not great but I really had no idea lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

With regards to date stamps, I don't have the hard copies on me but looking back through attachments on here I can see they do.

Comment

Ok, just checking.

Could you give the court a ring in the morning to make sure your defence has been filed & accepted?
                        Also ask if you can email them some additional info.
                        Let us know either way.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I know it's been filed as i called to make sure they had it, and we've had a letter come through from the court too. Attached.

Comment

Your name
                            Your address
                            Your postcode

Date
                            Claimants name
                            Claimants address
                            Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,
                            Claim Numbers: XXXXXX & YYYYYY

Vehicle Registration no's: AAAAAA & BBBBBB

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14
                            On xx/xx/xxxx I received County Court claims from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.
                            To enable me ascertain my legal position on these matters, I require early inspection of the following documents:
                            1. A true copy of the contract or agreement between the landowner/ landowner's authorisd agent enabling Britannia Parking (the Claimant in these matters) to operate on the relevant land.

2.A true copy of the KADOE agreement between DVLA & Britannia Parking.

3. True copies of the parking signage at the relevant parking site(s) including their positions on the site.
                            These must be as existed at the time(s) of the alleged contravention(s).

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.
                            You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.
                            I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.
                            You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.
                            If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
                            Your Name

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adapt the bits in green.

Send it to BWL (no fee) .

Keep a copy & get proofof sending.

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi,
                              I've received court papers again today.... attached.

Do I actually stand a chance? I really worried I'm going to get made to pay both these fines. I cant believe they are allowed to get away with this
                              Attached Files

Comment

Did you send the letter on post #58?
                                If so, did you get proof of posting & have they responded?

Without sight of the relevant PCNs & site signage, it would be unwise to comment on any success or failure.
                                But given what we know about Britannia & their legal reps, I'd hazard a guess that your chances are pretty good.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X