• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court summons DVLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court summons DVLA

Last year due to some bad organisation my car ended up untaxed for about 2 weeks, I had nowhere to put it and they kept threatening to fine me, couldn’t retax it as the MOT was due and booked in for the weekend so stupidly I SORN’ed it even though I couldn’t take it off the road. Decided to cover it with a full car cover for the week but about 3 days later I came back from work and it was gone.

Anyway I payed all the fees to release the car got it MOT’d and taxed and then had half the money refunded. I haven’t heard a peep about it for over 6 months until a few days ago a court summons has been sent through. Apparently even though I payed everything at the lot that didn’t include the DVLA fine.

It looks like they have been sending things to an address that doesn’t exist since my parents moved house however they set up a mail redirect and the mail sent after this seems to be finding its way to their new house….

Now time for a bit of a prickish section of this post......

So many people seem to like commenting and lecturing about it being someones own stupid fault blah blah blah.... i know that i only put the whole thing incase any of it is relevant. So no lectures or snide comments im not interested in hearing them! Just looking for some good constructive advice at the actual issue at hand please. Thankyou and any help is appreciated. Sorry for this slightly dickish bit!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X