• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA Revoked my driving licence wrongly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA Revoked my driving licence wrongly?

I had a stroke in April 2016 I had an occupational therapist visit me at home and due to a number of reasons she came to the conclusion I had problems with my memory which was reported back to my consultant. My consultant after doing basic memory tests (100% success) stated that he could see no reason why I could not drive but as a doubt had been raised he would like me to attend a driving assessment. When I received the forms I was unable to complete as I was unable to tick any box as non of the conditions applied to me also if i still held my driving licence I would be unable to take the test. I then spoke to my consultant who wrote to the DVLA for advice stating I have "No Neurological Problems" I then received a letter from DVLA informing me they were conducting a medical investigation. 1 week later I received another letter stating due to persistent Neurological problems likley to affect my ability to drive safely I had to return my licence immediately as it had been revoked. I eventually got an appointment with the consultant who seemed shocked at this and did another memory test (100% success) So arranged appointment at Memory Assessment Services I passed with a "High Score" The consultant wrote a letter stating he now had no concerns and was happy for me to resume driving I filled out the forms to re-apply and also sent a covering letter record delivery after waiting about 3 months I wrote to find out why it was taking so long and received another application form and medical form I returned straight away. Over 7 months! after my original letter i receive a letter from DVLA informing me they have just written to my Consultant After over 7 months!!!

My concerns are my licence was revoked for Persistent Neurological Problems my letter answers Memory only

I am likely to find it difficult to get insurance at a reasonable price some insurers won't insure me at all

I have been informed by DVLA (telephone call) that this can not be changed. this seems wrong if they have made the mistake

I have zero confidence in DVLA to treat me fairly.

I can't get an appointment with my Consultant he is fully booked for 6 months and unable to take bookings beyond this can anyone advise me where I go from here...Sorry for the rant.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X